Maggie’s birthday is in a couple weeks. She’s mentioned wanting to go skydiving a few times over the last few years. I’ve nixed the idea seeing as I am scared of heights.
So, I’m taking her skydiving for her birthday.
Wait. Huh? Well, I figure it’s something she wants and something that will also mean something considering the very idea gives me chills.
I also realize that I used to be scared of rollercoasters (still am, actually), but now seek them out. So, I’ll probably enjoy it after the fear drains away (assuming it does).
Whatever, here’s my question. The place I’m looking at has solo jumps from 4,000 feet with 5 seconds of freefall or tandem with an instructor from 13,000 feet with 30-45 seconds. Which is better, do you think?
49 Notes/ Hide
- dream-crusher said: You shouldn’t even be considering doing a solo jump the first time. You know what “five second freefall” means? It means “five seconds to not die”.
- kimberlykyn said: 13,000 feet duh
- mynameisabi likes this
- meklarian likes this
- yodelmachine said: TANDEM HOLY SHIT TANDEM
- aroseblossoming likes this
- tarpo likes this
- the-real-badlucklucy said: Once you get through the 60 sec free fall, you’ll be in love…and want to do it again, and again, and again. Have fun!
- the-real-badlucklucy likes this
- notyouraverageharlot likes this
- mathcat345 likes this
- ladameblanc said: If it is her first time, tandem jumps always! I rode in the plane when my friends jumped. It was crazy!
- rosiedoestumblr said: I did the higher one last August. I guarantee you, you want that one. Safe and you don’t have to jump. You just lean and then you’re out.
- unfortunatelymegan said: i bet you’d like the shorter fall (i too am scared of heights and would rather a shorter fall) and she’d like the longer fall (if she wants to do it she prob wants to do it up right)
- misterprankster likes this
- bunnkwio likes this
- nicknameless likes this
- piercedprincess13 likes this
- felinefaytale likes this
- panache13 said: Do a tandem from 13,000ish…
- starlightraven likes this
- annoyatron said: Yup, what the others said. If this company lets you jump solo out of an airplane without you being certified, then you should stay very, very far away from them. So, the answer is: Tandem.
- thevitaminp likes this
- devilishmess likes this
- defiancy said: When you have an instructor, all your fears go away. I had a fear of heights until I went skydiving. Felt so great. Now I have the courage to do butterfly twists off a 5 foot bookshelf.
- annoyatron likes this
- ninoosimsdeleted likes this
- misaimedjaimes likes this
- misaimedjaimes said: 5 seconds is not very long. I think I’d be more comfortable on my first jump going tandem. Plus more free fall time.
- littleangrygirl likes this
- shiraselko likes this
- shiraselko said: here in america, you can’t go solo on the first jump. tandem required. i’ve never gone but i’ve looked into it and i’d rather have a tandem on my first go.
- ostmayustardlay likes this
- kindasavvy likes this
- theworldofgygy likes this
- andsoisyourface likes this
- anindependentguinevere likes this
- citizenkerry likes this
- cutlerish posted this