Texting someone new.
Of course, this is the first picture I send her other than those in my profile.
Seriously, it came up naturally. As naturally as anything I talk about comes up. Which, if you know me….
Chicagoish was a blast for me. I’m so glad I decided not to cancel at the last minute (I was sick before the weekend, although I swear the plague wasn’t my fault). I think I loved hanging out all day in a hotel lobby as much as getting smashed at the bar with you folks.
It seems almost everybody knows me. Which is super-cool. It felt strange being well-known like that in such a large group. I mean, it was like that for me through school and university, but that was because I tended to draw a lot of attention. Positive and negative.
I met so many people I hadn’t met, but were so many instant attachments. I tried to run around both Friday and Saturday night meeting as many as I could. I was torn between feeling disappointed that I didn’t meet enough people or I didn’t meet people enough (if you catch my drift).
I’m going to miss mentioning so many people, and I’m not going to word these remotely right, so I’m just going with the first thing that pops into my head.
- smashedperderders is a very huggy drunk
- nicknameless & slobaum are such a sweet geek couple I loved chatting with, even though they are woefully confused as to what temperatures they can expect in a liberal-minded city
- thejoebiz is a great roommate, despite knocking on my door at 3am the first night looking for… who knows what. STOP WORKING SO MUCH!
- I’d go to no9uc for lego construction project subcontracting in a heartbeat
- With jaydensmommie (and Jay for that matter) I may have lego construction project work in my future
- girl-detective is adorable and damned witty. One of the many ladies whose brains I could swoon over (anything more and I’d get in trouble).
- I enjoy meals with madbabbling. Did you ever get your dressing?
- I want to be adopted by thejohnblog and butterflyblue08. Me first, folks.
- It seemed to become comfortable hanging out with hideyourluvaway so quickly. Plus, she looked super-cool being the authoritative Gap boss-lady when I dropped by her store.
- changingstephanie and I have been each other’s fans for a while. Meeting was a long time coming. I even balanced my head on hers. Except she forgot to squeeze my biceps.
- Before I met her, I got this impression that katefeetie wouldn’t be approachable. I corrected this impression quickly and often.
- I wore a spiralingsidewayz fashion accessory the night of the main event and never gave it back.
- juarezafterdarker does a mean impression of me using an obnoxiously large piece of plastic as a phone.
- The more I meet titsandsass at these things, the more I wished we lived close enough to hang out way more. Except the inevitable tag-team of her and my wife harvesting my eyelashes for nefarious purposes.
- It seems only fitting that I see yodelmachine (who took my meeting the Internet virginity) at all these things. Plus, she is a fantastic karaoke backup dancer and always good for random activities to stay entertained.
- dresspants is a lot smaller and flatter than I expected #FlatClint
- frageelay is a peculiar mix of sweet and god-awfully dirty
- It was so great to meet wordsworthinc. Just weird because I wasn’t sure who admired whom first.
- I’ve been lucky to see flyoverjoel a few times now. I like chatting with him as we’re both apparently comfortable sliding from normal to odd topics and back again without losing a step.
- tj, you’re great, but wifeoftj is better.
- gorillasushi and jezebelthegreat are even more the wonderful mix I thought they’d be. Josie’s got a frickin’ huge head start on being an awesome kid.